Apologize

It's just a music blog from an occasional music fan. This blog doesn't target a specific music genre but my preferences lead me more to music gravitating around Garage Rock. But that means many different genres mixes like with Psychedelic, Post Punk, Punk, Country, Pop and many more. I also like some other genres of music like Rock, Psychedelic, tempered Experimental, Post Punk and Art Rock.

Also it's just a personal blog and sometimes I'll post some comments about some... mainstream albums too. Not that it will bring anything to the billions of posts or reviews already written about such album, but just because it's a blog about music I like a lot and I just want share it, or at least share it potentially ... lost in the world wide web but ready to be shared. :-D

I make the blog in English despite I don't write well in that language because I believe it will be easier for international users. So I apologize to English speaking users.

Garage

The word is garage three times, or two times, or even once.

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Yargo - Bodybeat (London Records, 1987)



This 1987 album was first released in UK and France and the year after in Europe. When I listened this album it was distributed by Barclay in my country. So it's a mainstream release and the music is clearly mainstream ready. Also if I remember well, at least in my country, the Pop/Rock mainstream reception has been extremely positive.

So why would I want quote this mainstream release? Firstly even if the music is mainstream ready it's not at all pure catchy stuff to attract the masses. Secondly I never understood why this album has never been re released, it's for me a clear classic that would worth a re release and perhaps a remaster.

The music genre is... a bit difficult to pinpoint. It's minimalist and it succeed merge high intensity, laid back, captivating groove, and on some tracks a sort hypnotic mood that could remind Kraut Rock. It's a sort of merge of Soul, Reggae, Dub, Downbeat and a bit of Jazz, and there's also some distant links with Pop/Rock from a large perspective. One element is more kicking than others, even if it's a part of the whole, the vocals are incredible with a constant subtle or more direct tension, and with a voice that sounds a bit like Harmonica. It' a great release and quite unique, even their second album, quite cool too, didn't succeed to capture the same magic.

To listen: I couldn't find any major streaming sites allowing to listen it. So try this 130k vbr preview.
To support the artists: Apart used I haven't found any link to buy it, not even any digital releases.

Where all of this is going if nobody buy the music? Be fair, buy the music you like dig.

1 comment: