Apologize

It's just a music blog from an occasional music fan. This blog doesn't target a specific music genre but my preferences lead me more to music gravitating around Garage Rock. But that means many different genres mixes like with Psychedelic, Post Punk, Punk, Country, Pop and many more. I also like some other genres of music like Rock, Psychedelic, tempered Experimental, Post Punk and Art Rock.

Also it's just a personal blog and sometimes I'll post some comments about some... mainstream albums too. Not that it will bring anything to the billions of posts or reviews already written about such album, but just because it's a blog about music I like a lot and I just want share it, or at least share it potentially ... lost in the world wide web but ready to be shared. :-D

I make the blog in English despite I don't write well in that language because I believe it will be easier for international users. So I apologize to English speaking users.

Garage

The word is garage three times, or two times, or even once.

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Ex-Cult - Ex-Cult (Goner - 101 Distribution, 2012)


It's probably my favorite album of 2012 but I refuse admit it. :-) The point is it's the album released in 2012 that I listened the most and I'm not tired of it. Listen it few time more for commenting it was still a refreshing listening. I refuse admit it's my favorite album of 2012 because my brain tells me that the tracks are too similar and reuse too much similar tricks. Moreover the first place in my 2012 favorite list is already taken by an album that I consider a masterpiece, and for the listening duration it's clearly the album I listened the most because it's a double album, White Fence - Family Perfume Vol. 1&2.

Among all stuff I ever listened this Ex-Cult album is the closest to The Ruts album, The Crack released in 1979 which is probably among the albums that I listened the most. And because of the singer premature death it generated a frustration to not have any follow up. The Ex-Cult album is faster, more violent, more dirty, more savage but it's exactly what was needed to reproduce a roughly similar feeling for an album released 33 years later. Anyway, despite tracks seem a bit similar in part because the music is lost into a lot of violence, dirt and garbage, it's a great Garage Punk album, for me it's a date.

To listen: I noticed streaming sites like Deezer, Rdio or Spotify. Or 115k vbr v6 preview.
To support the artists: Buy the vinyl or CD at label shop. Or the digital on the various standard places.

Where all of this is going if nobody buy the music? Be fair, buy the music you like dig.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there!

    Just came across your blog.
    Plenty to explore here, keep up the good work!

    I was wondering if you could tell me the pass to Ex-Cult's album?

    Thanks a bunch!
    Dan

    ReplyDelete