Apologize

It's just a music blog from an occasional music fan. This blog doesn't target a specific music genre but my preferences lead me more to music gravitating around Garage Rock. But that means many different genres mixes like with Psychedelic, Post Punk, Punk, Country, Pop and many more. I also like some other genres of music like Rock, Psychedelic, tempered Experimental, Post Punk and Art Rock.

Also it's just a personal blog and sometimes I'll post some comments about some... mainstream albums too. Not that it will bring anything to the billions of posts or reviews already written about such album, but just because it's a blog about music I like a lot and I just want share it, or at least share it potentially ... lost in the world wide web but ready to be shared. :-D

I make the blog in English despite I don't write well in that language because I believe it will be easier for international users. So I apologize to English speaking users.

Garage

The word is garage three times, or two times, or even once.

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Tiny Hazard - Tiny Hazard (Self Release, 2012)


This is the first EP of this band, its music is a sort of Art Pop to make a parallel with Art Rock. It's a bit experimental Pop but not really, the elements are mostly with a standard approach but it's much more the songs structures that are quite broken, and that reminds a lot Art Rock or some types of Prog Rock, but it's more Pop.

Usually I prefer avoid list many references because I consider echoes of known music are mostly coming from a mechanical neuronal mechanism to link new stuff to stuff you already know. But after several listening I still have the feeling of a mix of echoes, Kate Bush, Björk, the French singer Camille, King Crimson and modern Classical Music. Often the voice and the singing reminds me a bit Kate Bush first albums, the broken structures and sometimes the singing reminds me Björk, and few time how are used silence with whispering and loud singing reminds me Camille. The piano reminds me either Classical either modern Classical. And the track Old Man Sea reminds me a lot King Crimson. But don't hope find any of those bands in this EP, it has its own personality and you'll probably won't hear the same echoes than I do. Anyway it's great stuff that touches me much.

You can listen the album on band's bandcamp page. Or you can preview it here but at a quality only a bit better than standard streaming, and be fair, if you like dig it, support the artists and don't forget to buy the EP.

To support the artists you can buy the digital EP on band's bandcamp page.

No comments:

Post a Comment