Apologize

It's just a music blog from an occasional music fan. This blog doesn't target a specific music genre but my preferences lead me more to music gravitating around Garage Rock. But that means many different genres mixes like with Psychedelic, Post Punk, Punk, Country, Pop and many more. I also like some other genres of music like Rock, Psychedelic, tempered Experimental, Post Punk and Art Rock.

Also it's just a personal blog and sometimes I'll post some comments about some... mainstream albums too. Not that it will bring anything to the billions of posts or reviews already written about such album, but just because it's a blog about music I like a lot and I just want share it, or at least share it potentially ... lost in the world wide web but ready to be shared. :-D

I make the blog in English despite I don't write well in that language because I believe it will be easier for international users. So I apologize to English speaking users.

Garage

The word is garage three times, or two times, or even once.

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Owen Temple Quartet - Rot in the sun (Casbah, 2013)


It's not easy to define the music of this album which is the second album of this French group. It's a sort of mid-tempo Rock which is relatively heavy. It has various influences and the result is uncommon. The singer uses a special declamatory singing that strangely remind me Extra Life, but it's different. There's a sort of slow heaviness in the instruments playing that reminds me the 90's but unlike a lot of the underground Rock of the 90's there's here no influences of Punk, Hardcore or Noise Rock not even Stoner or Sludge. Moreover I can't pinpoint any 90's group or album particularly.

Anyway that's an excellent album of uncommon Rock with a mid-tempo and relatively heavy. There's many very good tracks, a good overall originality and a freedom of the inspirations sources. Lol, ok it's excellent stuff that I like a lot, that's why I wanted comment this album even if I still can't pinpoint it well, and that I can't pinpoint it well is one of the reasons making me enjoy this album. :-)

You can listen it on Casbah label bandcamp page. Or you can preview it here but at a quality only a bit better than standard streaming, and be fair, if you like dig it, support the artists and don't forget to buy the album.

To support the artists you can buy the vinyl with a digital download at the Casbah label bandcamp page.

No comments:

Post a Comment