Apologize

It's just a music blog from an occasional music fan. This blog doesn't target a specific music genre but my preferences lead me more to music gravitating around Garage Rock. But that means many different genres mixes like with Psychedelic, Post Punk, Punk, Country, Pop and many more. I also like some other genres of music like Rock, Psychedelic, tempered Experimental, Post Punk and Art Rock.

Also it's just a personal blog and sometimes I'll post some comments about some... mainstream albums too. Not that it will bring anything to the billions of posts or reviews already written about such album, but just because it's a blog about music I like a lot and I just want share it, or at least share it potentially ... lost in the world wide web but ready to be shared. :-D

I make the blog in English despite I don't write well in that language because I believe it will be easier for international users. So I apologize to English speaking users.

Garage

The word is garage three times, or two times, or even once.

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Mole People - Mole Scroll (Tolmie Terrapin Press, 2012)


This is an ambitious album, an uncompromising Opera Punk with tempered experimental parts. It's not purely Punk, it's more between Punk and Punk Rock with Metal influences on guitar riffs and through their sounds but it's not Metal. A point to note is that I don't understand the text so my comments concern the music but not the story from the text.

The structure of the album is complex and involves a lot of ups and downs, breakups, and many parts whose main goal is to build an atmosphere. Although the music is often very dense and sometimes violent, the structure of the album creates a very airy music with great relief. That is a pleasant contrast with a tendency to monoliths albums especially in Punk and some other music genres. In fact such freedom in the structure of the album recalls the 70's but this is not the case at all of the music itself.

The only drawback to this album that I like a lot, it was in my top 10 of 2012, is few interludes and introductions arid and too long. And I have truncated some beginnings, for mention: the interlude Collect starts at 54", Grey Mass starts at 1'13, Sixty Six Days Below starts at 30", and the non musical beginning of He Spent starts at 1'30. Having these truncations from the second listening, my comment is only about the album with these truncations, and in three letters and a word, it's excellent! :-)

You can buy the digital or the cassette with a digital download at Tolmie Terrapin Press bandcamp. You can listen it at bandcamp too, or here but only with a quality a bit better than the streaming. Remember to support the music you like dig, be fair. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment