Apologize

It's just a music blog from an occasional music fan. This blog doesn't target a specific music genre but my preferences lead me more to music gravitating around Garage Rock. But that means many different genres mixes like with Psychedelic, Post Punk, Punk, Country, Pop and many more. I also like some other genres of music like Rock, Psychedelic, tempered Experimental, Post Punk and Art Rock.

Also it's just a personal blog and sometimes I'll post some comments about some... mainstream albums too. Not that it will bring anything to the billions of posts or reviews already written about such album, but just because it's a blog about music I like a lot and I just want share it, or at least share it potentially ... lost in the world wide web but ready to be shared. :-D

I make the blog in English despite I don't write well in that language because I believe it will be easier for international users. So I apologize to English speaking users.

Garage

The word is garage three times, or two times, or even once.

Monday, April 15, 2013

Little Seizures - s/t EP (Self Release, 2013)


It's an explosive and very enjoyable EP. The tracks have an impressive power that relies on an emphasis on graver sounds. This is built by games between the bass and the battery. This boosts the tracks by making them at the same time very powerful, bouncy and catchy.

The singer is excellent with a singing rather abrupt and rhythmic, the compositions are very good or excellent, and the whole is very dynamic and fast. At first it sounds a lot like Garage Rock that sounds differently, but there's very few work on sounds dirt and noise. Then Punk comes in mind, but it's partly only and rather by the aggressiveness of the singer and the brutality of the tracks, not by the sound color or instruments play.

This EP reminds me the big slap of last year with Ex-Cult album, while being very different. In fact I find this Little Seizures maybe even more a shock, but on the length of an EP it's difficult to compare with an album which is a bigger challenge.

Since the beginning of the year I enjoyed a lot many albums and EP, yet for me this EP is one of those that stand out of the pack, and it's one of the biggest slaps of the beginning of this year.

You can listen it on bandcamp. Or you can preview it here but at a quality only a bit better than standard streaming, and be fair, if you like dig it, support the artists and don't forget to buy the album.

To support the artists you can buy the digital album at Little Seizures bandcamp page.

No comments:

Post a Comment