Apologize

It's just a music blog from an occasional music fan. This blog doesn't target a specific music genre but my preferences lead me more to music gravitating around Garage Rock. But that means many different genres mixes like with Psychedelic, Post Punk, Punk, Country, Pop and many more. I also like some other genres of music like Rock, Psychedelic, tempered Experimental, Post Punk and Art Rock.

Also it's just a personal blog and sometimes I'll post some comments about some... mainstream albums too. Not that it will bring anything to the billions of posts or reviews already written about such album, but just because it's a blog about music I like a lot and I just want share it, or at least share it potentially ... lost in the world wide web but ready to be shared. :-D

I make the blog in English despite I don't write well in that language because I believe it will be easier for international users. So I apologize to English speaking users.

Garage

The word is garage three times, or two times, or even once.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

E.T. Habit - Venomous (HoZac, 2012)


Before this EP the group released two very Progressive albums. The first one, self-titled, was released in 2010 on the label Skrot Up. It's Prog Rock colored by Psychedelic on many tracks. The second, Panthers On The Roof, was released in 2012 on a label created by the group. Despite there's 5 tracks from their first album, the two albums have a quite different mood. This second album is much less psychedelic. In fact the 5 tracks reused are sometimes very different and other times are remastered and this makes them less Psychedelic and more Heavy. Both are very interesting but personally I prefer the first one whom I find more original with this mixture of Prog Rock and Psychedelic.

However with this Venomous EP released on HoZac the band reach another dimension with a Garage Prog approach and a work on the sounds which is dared and original. It is a little bit strange, especially during the first listens, but the ear becomes used fast and in the end it is very catchy and very original. It is an excellent and original EP, I hope that the group will released an album with in this approach.

You can listen the album on some streaming sites, I noticed Deezer, Rdio and Spotify. Or you can preview it here but at a quality only a bit better than standard streaming, and be fair, if you like dig it, support the artists and don't forget to buy the EP.

To support the artists you can buy the vinyl 7" at HoZac label. You can also buy the digital album at the various standard places.

No comments:

Post a Comment